Saturday, October 27, 2007

Your Bible or your Cellphone?

A friend sent me the following this morning in an e-mail. You may have already seen it but I thought it was so good I'd post it.
The bible is being given an ever increasing less important place in our society and in our daily lives. It's authority is being eroded - even Christians stand guilty.
Perhaps if we as true followers of Christ made His Word a priority in our lives.... our world would be a different place!!!

CELL PHONE vs. BIBLE

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cellphone?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several time a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible?
Oh, and one more thing.. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill...
And no dropped calls!
Makes you stop and think "where are my priorities?"

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh this is a good reminder and well worth printing.
Have a great day.

Carolanne said...

I haven't read that before but it certainly gives me something to think about. :)

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

I don't carry a cell phone, but I get the point. I liked this so much to put a link to it in my Sharing Good Stuff post this evening.